Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day Of Blogging

So here we are, the first day of our blog and it is incredibly difficult to know where to begin, to be honest, anyone who knows me will tell you that I find it incredibly difficult to stop talking and this feels the same, so I apologise in advance if this turns into a daily epic novel!

This blog is going to bring you all kinds of information such as recipes, nutrition tips, world events and of course information from our ever growing list of friends and since we live on a farm with too many animals to mention I am sure that I will be including many stories about them, which, is a daily event in its own right. Take yesterday.

Many of our birds have been sitting on eggs and getting on with the job of hatching them and taking care of them, and one of our small green birds has done a fabulous job with four little ones until yesterday, obviously she had grown incredibly fed up with looking after the four of them so the next best thing was to obviously throw them out of their nests. My children and I found them all huddled together on the floor so it was find a cage, get them indoors and begin the process of feeding them by hand every four hours.

This may not sound difficult but when you have over 60 other animals to take care of, this is really the last thing you need. Add to that two puppies that we are now weaning off their mum, two kittens who thing they are puppies and a horse that thinks he is a dog and should be involved in everything you start to get the picture.

Would I change any of this? Not on your life! I am off now because the little dudes are calling so it is time for breakfast.

Have a wonderful fun filled day and remember, live for now and enjoy every moment.

Lynn
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment